Saturday, February 9, 2013

Finding nemo? No. Finding Trader Joe's Pizza Parlanno


Trader Joe's Pizza Parlanno
Having just stocked up on groceries at my favorite Manhattan Trader Joe's in Chelsea, I was ready for a night in while Nemo passed through New York and to catch-up on The West Wing (which I'm happy to report is now streaming on Netflix). Not only was Manhattan lucky enough to be spared by the storm, but also I was also really lucky to discover the delicious Pizza Parlanno from Trader Joe's. 


Great mix of veggies and meat! 
I was a little skeptical of all Trader Joe's pizza prior to trying the Pizza Parlanno, having sampled both the Guiltless pizza and the Vegetarian pizza (yuck for both!). But both of my bad experiences were wiped out by the Pizza Parlanno. This pizza had great crust (relatively thin, crunchy on the edges and more soft inside), nice flavors, and a good balance between vegetables and meat. Yes - this pizza even got my near-carnivore boyfriend to consume some vegetables. Well done, Trader Joe's! The sauce's flavor was also nice, albeit not very strong. My one suggestion for improvement would be to add a little more cheese to the pizza as it was a little light on the cheese. 


Literally 4 minutes later,
 this is all that remained 
I'd definitely recommend this pizza. I'm not a fan of frozen pizza (or really even pizza in general), but the Pizza Parlanno from Trader Joe's is delicious and affordable - a great value! 

I'd rate it as good (on a gross to great scale) 







No comments:

Post a Comment