Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Meatloaf, seriously? Yes. Trader Joe's Meatloaf is as good as meatloaf gets

Prior to dinner last night, I had not had meatloaf in at least 15 years. You might say that I don't fancy myself a meatloaf girl. But seeing as I'm dedicated to trying and reviewing any of Trader Joe's products, I decided to buy the 'heat and serve' and 'meatloaf muffins' options from Trader Joe's and give them a whirl. 


Trader Joe's 'heat and serve' meatloaf --
as good as meatloaf gets
Overall, the 'heat and serve' was the clear winner. It was SO easy to prepare - pop it in the oven and 15 minutes later you've got yourself an acceptable meatloaf. It was moist and the flavor was nice (not too sweet or too strong); if there were chopped vegetable pieces in it, I couldn't tell, so you could definitely tell it wasn't a homemade meatloaf. And the meatloaf itself was kind of small - I definitely needed some rice and veggies to complete the meal (and to make it filling). All in all, the Trader Joe's 'heat and serve' meatloaf is pretty good - for the price and ease of preparation, I'd recommend it to anyone with a hankering for meatloaf and not a lot of time. All in all, it gets an okay rating on the gross to great scale. 

Click here for the image source.

The 'meatloaf muffins,' however were definitely weird and not very delicious. I completely agree with this blogger - not good at all! These 4 mini patties of meatloaf each had a small dollup of mashed potatoes on them, which made it so weird. I know what this was trying to be, but it never got there. The meat got too hot and the potatoes were lukewarm. The meat had not flavor and the potatoes tasted like they had been frozen. Yuck. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this product. It gets a gross on the gross to great scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment