![]() |
| Trader Joe's Tofu and Edamame Nuggests. Source |
For those of you who observe
Lent, welcome to your first non-meat Friday. Finding a good substitute to your
meat-filled sandwich might be tricky as you get back in the swing of vegetarian
Fridays. I’m happy to report that Trader
Joe’s Tofu and Edamame Nuggets are a GREAT lunch alternative to actual
chicken nuggets. I tried them today for lunch and am thrilled to agree
with this blogger and to rate them great
on my gross to great scale! Despite the packaging, there isn’t a sauce
inside the bag – so be sure to grab that from the Trader Joe’s shelf when you
pick these up.
Trader Joe’s Tofu and
Edamame Nuggets are also easy to make. I’ve made them in the contientnal oven
as the directions indicate, but I’ve also microwaved them. They’re a lot better
in the continental oven, but the microwave makes an okay substitute for the
office. Just cook them a little longer in the microwave (an extra minute or so)
to make them more crispy.
Also – Trader Joe’s Tofu and
Edamame Nuggets are low calorie! Five of them will fill you up and have only
200 calories. Yum and healthy! The fat is a little high (10 grams for 5
nuggets), but if you balance your fat intake throughout the day it shouldn’t be
a problem.
Finally – they’re cheap! At
$2.99/bag, the Trader Joe’s Tofu and Edamame Nuggets are a steal. There are
about 15 nuggets per bag, so you get 3 lunches for $2.99 (or about $1/lunch!).
Great, great deal!
I highly recommend these
nuggets to anyone looking for a vegetarian meal option, especially for the
non-vegetarian looking for something to get them through Lent Fridays. They’re
great – definitely pick them up the next time you visit your local Trader
Joe’s.

No comments:
Post a Comment