![]() |
| Love, love love! Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate bards |
Trader Joe’s has a great selection of snacks from which to choose. From 100-calorie packs of cookies, to fruits, veggies and the 3 snacks I’ll be reviewing today, your local TJ’s is a great place to find snacks. Today I’ll be reviewing 3 snack options from Trader Joe’s: the Trader Joe’s dried fruit bar (strawberry),Trader Joe’s Cheddar Rocket Crackers, and Trader Joe’s mini 70% Cacao Dark Chocolate Bars (100 calories each). I highly recommend 2 of the 3 snacks as they’re great on the gross to great scale. Sadly the Cheddar Rockets didn’t measure up and only made it to okay on the scale. Read below for more.
First up, Trader Joe’s dried fruit bars (strawberry) are adult-appropriate Fruit Rollups. These are great! At only $0.55 and 50 calories each, they’re a cheap, filling morning snack that tastes like candy but packs (kind of) a nutritional punch. They taste just like you remember the Fruit Rollup, but don’t have any added sugar. Sadly, they don’t have the cutout shapes like Fruit Rollups do, but the Trader Joe’s dried fruit bars are just great! Do yourself a favor and pick some up on your next trip to TJ’s.
Next, the Trader Joe’s Cheddar Rocket Crackers were just okay. Trust me – they’re no Goldfish. They were cheesy, but the were also kind of dry and somewhat pastey once you bit into them. I just couldn’t get myself to love them, despite their admittedly awesome shape. Maybe if they had a little more salt? Don’t get me wrong – I at ea few of them and might eat them again, but I don’t agree with this blogger – they are not that addicting and are certainly no better than the Goldfish that so many of us know and love. However, at only $2.49/box, they are an affordable, acceptable snack for you and your kids.. All in – I rate them as just okay on the gross to great scale.
Finally, my review of Trader Joe’s Dark Chocolate Bars. First let me just say - portion-controlled dark chocolate? Yes, please! These bars are pre-packaged and have 100-calories per bar. They’re the perfect amount of dark chocolate to satisfy your craving without tempting you to over-indulge. And at 70% cacao, the chocolate is just bitter enough to be delicious without being too dark. With a box of 5 bars selling for $1.99, these bars are a steal! They’re perfect. Be sure to pick them up on your next trip to Trader Joe’s.
As we’re only halfway through February, I’ll continue toreview more snacks this month in honor of National Snack Food Month. Stay tuned!



No comments:
Post a Comment